Friday, May 6, 2011

Keeping busy!

I haven't posted in ages, sorry!  Sometimes life just gets in the way.  We are entering the busy season of recitals, flute performances, school plays, tee ball, swimming, and so on.  I don't have anything major to post, but thought I 'd share a bit of life around these parts lately.
We've been going through a lot of this:


We're finally painting the whole basement, which we've never done; it's still the original, kinda ugly colours it was when we moved in. We've moved stuff around to make a new guest bedroom, and a new craft room for the kids and I. We hit a couple of snags along the way, but we are slowly getting things done. The main part of the basement is still to be painted, and I'm finally nearly done all the trim work, but not quite as you can see:



In spite of all the boring painting happening around here, life in this home is never boring; how could it be when surprises lurk around every corner? Stuff like this adds to the excitement everyday:


Fighting this guy for my morning coffee!!  And, this is the kitchen counter right now; and what I need to be doing instead of posting here, lol!



Still lots of creating happening, in spite of a currently off limits crafts room.



Dealing with a whole lot of lousy weather recently means the mud room looks like this all the time:



And if that wasn't bad enough, now there are creatures to fight before I can make dinner too!



Nope, never boring around here!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, your life sounds busy and fun! It's good to see you around!

    ReplyDelete