Friday, April 20, 2012

In the kitchen for a REAL treat!




Homemade doughnuts!!  Well, sort of.  These are actually made from canned biscuit dough.  I know!  I've never bought it before, but remember my Mom making them when I was a kid a lot.  In any case, I normally make my own bread dough, but decided to give this "recipe" a go as I was told they are super easy and totally delish.  Well, let me tell you, they are all that and more.  You simply cut out your doughnut shapes, fry in oil heated to 350 F until golden ( a minute or less a side), set on a cooling rack to cool just slightly then dip in a simple powdered sugar and milk glaze or in cinnamon sugar.  I think they really need to be eaten right away.  Once they cool they lose a bit of their texture, but when warm they taste pretty much exactly like a warm Krispy Kreme doughnut.  Seriously!



No comments:

Post a Comment